Honorable Warriors

Honorable Warriors is one of the greatest factions of all time!!!

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

THe Knights Templar

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mbacolas

mbacolas

THe Knights Templar Empty
PostSubject: THe Knights Templar   THe Knights Templar EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 4:39 pm

Since i cant spew information out of my head like some, as i only have a grasp of the information presented, i will paste information from wiki.

Knights Templar legends
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The secrecy around the powerful medieval Order of the Knights Templar, and the speed with which they suddenly disappeared over the space of a few years, has led to many different Knights Templar legends. These range from rumors about their association with the Holy Grail and the Ark of the Covenant, to questions about their association with the Freemasons, to searches for a lost treasure. Recent speculation about the Templars has further increased because of references to them in bestselling books such as The Da Vinci Code and films such as Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and National Treasure (film). Many legends surround the location of the Templars' first headquarters on the Temple Mount, which had been assigned to them by King Baldwin II of Jerusalem.[1] They were in operation there for 75 years.

The Temple Mount is sacred ground to Jews, Christians, and Muslims, and is the location of the ruins of Solomon's Temple, and the ancient resting place of the Ark of the Covenant.[2] Pseudo-historical books such as The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail claim that the Templars discovered documents hidden in the ruins of the Temple, "proving" that Jesus survived the Crucifixion or possibly "proving" Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene and had children by her. Indeed, the supposition that the Templars must have found something under the Temple Mount lies at the heart of most Templar legends and pseudo-historical theories. There is no physical or documentary evidence, however, to support such a supposition. It is true that they are documented as having carried a piece of the True Cross into some battles,[3] but this was likely a portion of a timber that was discovered during the 4th century by Saint Helena, the mother of Emperor Constantine.[4]

The recent discovery of the Chinon Parchment in the Vatican Archives appears to absolve the Templars from charges of heresy that were levied on them at the time of their suppression on Friday, October 13, 1307, and by which they have been labeled in the centuries since. Copies of this document were published in 2004, and made available online

Mysterious deaths of the Order's enemies
The last Grand Master of the Templar Order, Jacques de Molay, was burned at the stake in 1314, by order of King Philip IV of France, who had also pressured Pope Clement V to disband the Order. Legend has it that de Molay issued his dying curse against the King and Pope Clement V, saying that he would meet them before God before the year was out. Pope Clement died only a month later, and King Philip died later that year in a hunting accident.

Succession to the throne of France passed rapidly through Philip's sons. Louis X the Quarreller lasted for only two years, leaving a pregnant wife who gave birth to the next king, John I the Posthumous, but the baby lived for only five days before succumbing, probably to poison. The throne then went to another of Philip IV's sons, Philip V the Tall, who was crowned at the age of 23, but died at 29. Since he had no sons, the throne then went to his brother, Charles IV the Fair, who himself died six years later without a male heir, and thereby ended the Capetian Dynasty.

Many believed that the dynasty had been cursed. A series of 20th century novels called Les Rois Maudits (The Accursed Kings) expanded on this story.

Skull and crossbones
A Masonic legend speaks of three Templars searching the site of Jacques de Molay's burning and finding only his skull and femurs. These they took with them and allegedly were used as the impetus to create the first Jolly Roger flag of Piracy, so that they would never forget.[citation needed] This same symbol is used today by the Yale Skull and Bones society.

Of course if youve played the game "Assassins Creed" (like who hasn't-lol) you will be aware of some details circulating around the Knights Templar.

If anyone has any thoughts about this conspiracy i would love to talk about it Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

THe Knights Templar
Page 1 of 1