Honorable Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honorable Warriors

Honorable Warriors is one of the greatest factions of all time!!!

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How did you come up with your alias

Go down 
+7
strat
Sooto
LufiaMaxim
NovaBlaze
empowers
Shynaku
mbacolas
11 posters
AuthorMessage
mbacolas

mbacolas

How did you come up with your alias Empty
PostSubject: How did you come up with your alias   How did you come up with your alias EmptySat May 29, 2010 11:29 am

mbacolas

m=michael
bacolas=my last name

Cool not really that original i know Razz
Back to top Go down
Shynaku
Admin
Shynaku

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your alias   How did you come up with your alias EmptySat May 29, 2010 7:29 pm

Back in late middle school/early high school, I was playing a lot of RPG's. I would always re-name characters, and I struck upon "Shinaku" on one of my playthroughs of Final Fantasy VII. It didn't take long before "Shinaku" evolved into "Shynaku", more because of pronunciation than anything else. If you know IPA, it's pronounced /ʃɪn'ɔku/ (my guess is that most people would choose ɒ instead of ɔ for the second syllable, but my cot-caught merger tends toward the ɔ). I thought that the second spelling greater reflected the pronunciation, so I've stuck with that ever since.
Back to top Go down
empowers

empowers

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your alias   How did you come up with your alias EmptySat May 29, 2010 7:39 pm

Lol I still have trouble trying to remind myself not to call you m-b-acolas. Dunno why I read it that way.

I ran a competition in another online game years ago. Person who came up with a good new name for me got some game money. I borrowed ideas from a few people, one said Max Power, one said Austin Powers, so I made it M. Powers. M could stand for Max or Mr or who knows? It was a little bit of a mystery. Then I just put it all into one word one day. M. Powers = empowers. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NovaBlaze

NovaBlaze

Location : My room, I think... at least I hope it is. It'd be awkward if it turned out I'm living in somebody else's room.

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your alias   How did you come up with your alias EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 5:51 am

I was trying to register on an online game but every name I tried was rejected because they were taken. I like the name 'Blaze' but apparently, others do as well. I thought about it for a while and came up 'BlazinHothead'. No matter where I registered, 'BlazinHothead was always available. I was't fond of the 'Hothead' part though, so in time I switched it with 'Nova'. Sometimes 'BlazinNova' was also taken so I switched their places, thus 'NovaBlaze'.

My online ID's will almost always have some variation of blaze in them. If you ever meet a BlazinHothead, BlazinNova, NovaBlaze, NinjaBlaze, RoarShock (play on Rorschach) or a Fiamma Rugitto (Blaze and Roar in Italian), it's most likely me.
Back to top Go down
http://Well, there is this perfect site for a spider web in a co
empowers

empowers

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your alias   How did you come up with your alias EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 7:07 am

I like your name it's cool
Back to top Go down
LufiaMaxim

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your alias   How did you come up with your alias EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:22 am

Mine is rather simple.

If you've ever played the hidden gem Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals for the SNES (best RPG out there, hands down), you'll know how I got my name.

Maxim is the main character, and Lufia is the series name Smile
Back to top Go down
NovaBlaze

NovaBlaze

Location : My room, I think... at least I hope it is. It'd be awkward if it turned out I'm living in somebody else's room.

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your alias   How did you come up with your alias EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:24 am

LufiaMaxim wrote:
Mine is rather simple.

If you've ever played the hidden gem Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals for the SNES (best RPG out there, hands down), you'll know how I got my name.

Maxim is the main character, and Lufia is the series name Smile

Yeah, the character development in that is superb.
Back to top Go down
http://Well, there is this perfect site for a spider web in a co
Sooto

Sooto

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your alias   How did you come up with your alias EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 6:30 pm

I got my name when I used to play Pokemon. In Sapphire version, there was A place called Sootopolis, Which was my favorite city in any Pokemon game. it started when I named A Pokemon Sooto, and then I brought it into other games ever since then.
Back to top Go down
strat

strat

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your alias   How did you come up with your alias EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 1:40 pm

I played another game with the alias "strategist". Then I decided to abbreviate it and hence Strat was born Smile
Back to top Go down
KageShadowlance

PostSubject: KageShadowlance   How did you come up with your alias EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 3:25 pm

My name, KageShadowlance.

I had to transfer school districts due to hatred of me due to my intellect. When I transfered, my first day I shadowed someone. After that my nickname at the school was shadow. I joined up with a bunch of nerd there, it being a HGT school, and they intern called me the Japanese name for shadow, Kage.

I was making names for game sites, and I decided to use Kage, been used... Okay, I thought. The game was Tribal Wars, a more complicated indepth game then Lords, but similar. It is set in the middle ages, so I decided you find a name like a knight. Sir Kage, no, sir shadow, no. Wait, Shadow something. Shadowstorm, no, shadowmanipulator, to long, shadow.... Went on, and came across Shadowlance. sounded cool. Sir Shadowlance was not as good, so use a firstname. kage worked, and the repetitive Shadow Shadow lance made me smile, so that was that.

My other most common user name, is HumanInDisguise. That is because I strive to be a master of disguise, and I mostly am, so that was that.
Back to top Go down
nazgarthe

nazgarthe

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your alias   How did you come up with your alias EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 7:31 am

well firstly i constantly have this argument with my friend over my names pronuction frankly i made it its my fricking way of saying it lol secondly tribals wars = epic played it since it was like 3 weeks old (huge breaks where my comps been down or other things got in the way)

now on with the storry ok i bought my first game that needed a name i went hmmm naz-gar ethe bang name born (lame story but true)
Back to top Go down
nazgarthe

nazgarthe

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your alias   How did you come up with your alias EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 7:33 am

also for the record its never taken ive played over 300 online games so if you see nazgarthe its me (yeah i drope the e that right forgot about that didnt like how it looked
Back to top Go down
Spiritnova

Spiritnova

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your alias   How did you come up with your alias EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 3:35 pm

When I was younger digimon was my favorite show, and dragonball z was another. My alias is my favorite attacks from both combined.

Digimon- Nova Force

DBZ- Spirit Bomb

Spiritnova just seemed the natural way to combine them, and I've used it ever since. I use it for pretty much all the online games I play, and if it's not avaible I at least always have 'nova' in there somewhere.
Back to top Go down
redsaa

redsaa

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your alias   How did you come up with your alias EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 3:38 pm

mine is pretty lame. i was making an account for this online game called adventure quest worlds, and was in a rush, so quickly typed in an evil color (red), and then randomly typed in saa because the letters were all close together.

Redsaa
Back to top Go down
Spiritnova

Spiritnova

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your alias   How did you come up with your alias EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 8:54 pm

Hey, I've got a AQW account too. Haven't used it in a while though, so while I'm high level for when I left, not so much anymore, lol.
Back to top Go down
redsaa

redsaa

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your alias   How did you come up with your alias EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:40 am

ive also pretty much quit playing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you come up with your alias   How did you come up with your alias Empty

Back to top Go down

How did you come up with your alias
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honorable Warriors :: Get to know your fellow faction-mate :)-
Jump to: